A jet ski cover is the second most important thing you can get for your jet ski after insurance. Not only does it protect your jet ski from the elements, but it also prevents the fiberglass used to build the shell of the fiber grass from breaking due to degradation due to exposure to extreme cold and UV rays.
The jet ski cover helps to keep dirt, rocks, and sticks out of your jet ski, which may damage the seat fabric and other parts of the jet ski. Here are the best jet ski covers in the market currently.
Top 4 Best Jet Ski Covers of 2021
- Classic Accessories Stellex Personal Watercraft Cover
- iCOVER Personal Watercraft Cover
- Jethro Trailerable PWC Jetski Watercraft Jet Ski Cover
- Budge Jet Ski Cover
Classic Accessories Stellex Personal Watercraft Cover
This waterproof jet ski cover is an all-season travel cover with an integrated trailering system. It is made from tough polyester Stellex fabric designed for durability and weather protection.
The integrated trailering system also comes with built-in quick adjusting side-release straps. And the rear air vents reduce inside moisture and wind lofting.
The cover also features zippered access door on both sides.
The elastic cord in the bottom hem provides a quick and secure fit. And the tension panels tightly secure the cover for highway travel.
Additionally, the built-in strap keepers secure excess strap after tightening. Lastly, it has an integrated storage bag.
- 100% Polyester
- Length: 133 inches
- Integrated trailering system
- Adjusting side-release straps
- Polyester Stellex fabric
- Zippered access door on both sides
- Rear air vents
- 4-Year Limited Warranty
- UV damage
- Elastic cord in bottom hem
- Built-in strap keepers
- Integrated storage bag
- Not compatible with all jet skis
iCOVER Personal Watercraft Cover
This jet ski winter cover is made of 150 Denier Marine Grade Reflective Polyester. The material used is waterproof, tear-resistant, and U.V resistant. It features reinforcement panels under the Bow and Stern section. The cover offers all-weather protection and is easy to clean.
It also features a heavy-duty elastic cord sewn around the hemline for a secure and snug fit. It also has web loops sewn around the hemline.
The cover also has an integrated buckle and adjustable strap tightening system that provides easy installation and quick release.
Its extra roomy cut and double-stitched seams increase its durability. And it comes with a large storage bag with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Material: Reflective Polyester
- Web loops
- Integrated buckle
- Adjustable strap tightening system
- Double-stitched seams
- Dimensions: 113in Long,48in wide, and 42in high
- 100% Satisfaction
- Heavy-duty elastic cord
- Easy to clean
- V resistant
- Easy installation
- Extra roomy cut
- Large storage bag
- Not ideal for jet ski transportation
Jethro Trailerable PWC Jetski Watercraft Jet Ski Cover
The Jet 3 seater jet ski covers marine grade 600D fabric that is treated for maximum water resistance. The material is also mildew resistant. It also protects against rain, snow, dirt, dust, and UV rays. It features a strong elastic shock-cord hem around the bottom of the cover to help ensure a tight fit.
The built-in trailering system has quick-release buckles to keep the cover secure while trailering. The cover also features air vents that help to reduce billowing during travel. They also reduce moisture accumulation inside the cover.
The cover also has double-stitched seams for increased durability. Additionally, a handy zippered fuel tank access door on both sides makes it easy to refuel the jet-ski enroute.
- UV resistant coating fabric
- Built-in quick adjusting straps
- Double-stitched seams
- Zippered fuel tank access door
- Elastic cord around the bottom hem
- Built-in side-release strap
- Marine-grade 600d fabric
- Built-in trailering system
- Free storage bag included
- 2-year warranty
- It only fits standard three-seater jet skis
Budge Jet Ski Cover
This Budge aftermarket jet ski cover fits jet skis 121″ to 135″ long and 36.75″ wide. It is made from a 100% waterproof material that protects against sun, dirt, dust, tree sap, bird droppings, and more. This cover can be used for trailering and outdoor storage.
It can fit most Yamaha jet skis, Kawasaki jet skis, sea-doo jet skis, and much more. The cover is fully breathable and non-abrasive to prevent any scratches or damage to the exterior. The cover comes with extra straps and buckles to ensure that your cover will be secure while on the move.
- Material: Polyester
- 100% waterproof material
- UV resistant coating
- Straps and buckles included
- Storage bag included
- Dirt, dust, and UV protection
- Only ideal for small jet skis
When should you Cover Your Jet Ski?
While letting your jet ski sit in the open in all its glory is easy and convenient when using it often, there are times when you have to cover it up for protection. Here are the top occasions when your jet ski must be covered.
Cold weather can do just as much damage as UV rays, especially if your Jetski is made of Fiberglass. It can also cause the fuel in the Jetski to change composition, which renders it useless. Additionally, frozen water or fluid in the jet ski can cause its pipes to crack.
Check this too: How to Charge a Jet Ski Battery
When towing it
This protects your jet ski from dirt, debris, and rocks that can damage the jet ski, especially when flung onto it when moving at high speed. The cover should keep most of the damaging materials off the jet ski, which helps to prolong its life.
Short term storage
It is imperative that you keep your jet ski covered even if you are only taking a little break from using it. This will keep dirt from accumulating into its crevices, which may cause cumulative damage over time.
Long term storage
When storing your jet ski for more extended periods, the cover will come in handy as it will keep critters from taking refuge in your jet ski. It will also prevent damaging pests such as rats or mice from eating parts of your jet ski’s wires and other parts.
How to put on a jet ski cover?
Covering a jet ski is similar to covering a car. Follow the steps below to cover up your jet ski;
- Start by placing the cover evenly on the jet ski. This will make it easier to fit it over the jet ski. Similar to the way you spread a fitted sheet over a mattress.
- Then pull the cover over the ski and fit the hemline over the jet ski. You might need to adjust the positioning if you did not lay it evenly over the jet ski.
- Then position the cover over the jet ski’s defined parts, such as the handlebars and the seat.
- Once everything is covered correctly, proceed to use the straps to secure the cover.
- When trailering, pad all the sharp edges and stress points beneath the cover before securing it. This will prevent it from ripping should the jet ski tumble.
- Ensure the straps are tight and secure to prevent the cover from flying off when you are in transit.
The best jet ski cover should offer all-weather protection, be Trailerable, and be easy to use. It should also come with a free storage bag and have a fuel tank access opening for easy refueling while trailing the Jetski. Lastly, the cover should have adjustable straps to make it compatible with different sized jet skis.