Keeping dry and warm when snowboarding is not only comfortable but also a great way to avoid unwanted numbness and frostbite. Snowflakes falling on your wrists will melt on your skin making your hands damp and cold.
Good snowboard wrist guards not only keep off the snow but also protect your wrists from injury. They are mandatory for beginners who will most probably keep touching ground before they perfect the art or for hard-core snowboarders who like hitting the slopes hard.
Top Snowboard Wrist Guards in 2020
|Flexmeter Wrist Guard Single Sided||- Triple velcro straps to secure|
- Plastic guards
|Burton Kids† Impact Wrist Guard||NBR, Polyethyle, Nylon, Polyester, Velcro adjustment straps|
|Dakine Wristguard||100% Neoprine|
|Triple 8 Saver Series Wristsavers||Molded ABS splints, stretchable nylon mesh, Eva foam|
|soaRED Snowboard Impact Wrist Guards||ABS plastic bones, high quality lycra|
Flexmeter Wrist Guard Single Sided
These easy to slip on wrist guards are ideal for short bouts of snowboarding. You can wear them and strip them off easily thanks to the Triple Velcro strap system they use to secure onto your hands. They will fit under your gloves comfortably and you won’t have to worry about impact injury or snow getting under your gloves when out snowboarding.
- Easy to use triple wrap security straps
- A strong protective pad on the outside of the wrist and comfortable fabric on the inside
- Fits the top of the gloves easily
- Doesn’t limit your mobility
Burton Kids’ Impact Wrist Guard
These Burton Impact wrist guards give you robust protection in a compact build that doesn’t go all the way up to your elbows. The guard pads are made from NBR, polyethylene, nylon and polyester giving them the strength they need without making them heavy and unwieldy. You also get Velcro adjustment straps that are easy to tighten while on the go.
- Velcro adjustment makes it easy to fit on the go
- A soft palm pad for further protection on your hands
- Strong tapered top splints
- Low profile design fits into gloves and jackets better
Made of 100% neoprene, these Dakine wrist guards are purely built for warmth and comfort. You don’t get a lot of protection against impact but your hands will stay warm and dry no matter how snowy it gets. A water-resistant shell over the top of the guards increases protection from already liquefied water keeping you safe even when around open pools of water.
- Very flexible and warm made from 100% Neoprene
- Adjustable hook and loop wrist cinch
- Easy maneuverability since it’s all flexible
- Multipurpose usability
Triple 8 Saver Series Wristsavers
The Triple 8 Saver Series wrist guards are a tough way to stay protected during your snowboarding activities. They are made of a tough four-way stretchable nylon mesh that fits snugly onto your body on the inside and has molded ABS splints on the front and the back of the wrist support for extra protection from impacts. You also get some shock-absorbent Eva foam between the splints that offers more protection to your wrists.
- Rugged and durable wrist guards for maximum protection
- Shock-absorbing EVA foam for extra protection
- High-density impact-resistant molded ABS splints to protect you from impact
- Stretchy nylon mesh body makes it easy to fit
soaRED Snowboard Impact Wrist Guards
Last on our list of snowboard wrist guards is this pair of soared snowboard impact wrist guards. They are made of ABS plastic and lycra mesh giving them the ergonomics and toughness you need from protection without compromising your dexterity. They have sweat absorbing inner pads that also absorb vibrations while wicking off any moisture from melting snow. You also get easy to use nylon straps that fasten the guard over the wrist and palms making them easy to fit and take off while on the go.
Check this too: Best electric skateboards under $500
- Strong ABS plastic bones for full protection against impact
- Easy to wear and take off design
- Top-quality lycra that is breathable and comfortable
- Inner cushion pads are great at absorbing sweat so you won’t get all soggy
A good pair of snowboard wrist guards complement your snowboarding gloves. They will not only keep your wrists dry but also give your arm and palm some support in case you fall or if you hit something with your arms while snowboarding. They are part of the essential snowboarding gear that you must buy before hitting the slopes.